National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- A 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.Dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to be routed to the nearest crisis center in their national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
Mental Health America
- A community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- A grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- The agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
Schizophrenia Research Forum (SRF)
- The mission of the SRF is to help in the search for causes, treatments, and understanding of the devastating disease of schizophrenia. Our goal is to foster collaboration among researchers by providing an international online forum where ideas, research news, and data can be presented and discussed.